Following from my last practice, I’ve decided to get rid of the passport background and continue experimenting. I started experimenting on Adobe Illustrator by just positioning a few passport stamps, found from the web onto an outline of a map. I then added a fisheye effect to make the image look more like a globe and altered the ellipse colour as shown below:
I then had an idea of placing my draft onto a globe stand as this is universally recognisable. This came out quite well as a base of my poster idea. My next step will be to design more of the passport stamps by using a technique we learnt in our workshop called ‘image trace’. I will then place the passport stamps randomly across the globe.