Now, that I’ve started to get the base of having a globe as the main object in my poster, I wanted to refine the globe that I had made earlier. I wanted to create a better vector image of the globe. Again I used image trace for this, I then drew in curved lines that are on a globe.
I then switched to inkscape X11 and traced the outline of a passport stamp I found online by using the pen tool. I then edited the colours of the stamp and added text to include the date I went to France. The stamp came out really well however, I think it needs to have more of a stamp effect by making it look worn.
I altered the opacity of the globe’s line to below 50% and arranged it to the back of the layer, so it doesn’t overlap the passport stamps as I want those to be in the foreground. I also included two of the stamps, I created by using a similar process as before. At the moment the draft for the poster does look very bare, but once I have completed all the other passport stamps it should all fit together nicely.